- 2.7 to 3.6 V power supply
- Integrated digital filter and Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)
- 256fs system clock output
- 20-bit data path in interpolator
- High performance
- No analog post filtering required for DAC
- Supporting sampling frequencies from 28 up to 55 kHz.
- Controlled either by means of static pins, I²C-bus or L3-bus microcontroller interface.
1.3 IEC 60958 input
- On-chip amplifier for converting IEC 60958 input to CMOS levels
- Lock indication signal available on pin LOCK
- Information of the Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) status bit and the non-PCM data detection is available on pin PCMDET
- For left and right 40 key channel-status bits available via L3-bus or I²C-bus interface.
1.4 Digital sound processing and DAC
- Automatic de-emphasis when using IEC 60958 input with 32.0, 44.1 and 48.0 kHz audio sample frequencies
- Soft mute by means of a cosine roll-off circuit selectable via pin MUTE, L3-bus or I²C-bus interface
- Left and right independent dB linear volume control with 0.25 dB steps from 0 to -50 dB, 1 dB steps to -60, -66 and -dB
- Bass boost and treble control in L3-bus or I²C-bus mode
- Interpolating filter (fs to 64fs) by means of a cascade of a recursive filter and a FIR filter
- Fifth-order noise shaper (operating at 64fs) generates the bitstream for the DAC
- Filter Stream DAC (FSDAC).